Visit Deerbrook Mall for DEA National Prescription Drug Takeback Event
Sat, Oct 29: 10am – 2pm
Turn in unneeded medication for safe disposal
Too often, unused prescription drugs find their way into the wrong hands. That's dangerous and often tragic.
Join us on Saturday, October 29th from 10:00am to 2:00pm in the Macy's parking lot to safely and anonymously turn in unwanted, unused or expired prescription drugs.
Here are some other helpful tips:
- This program is anonymous. No questions will be asked and you will not be required to show identification.
- Law enforcement personnel will no count, inventory or log medications.
- Participants may dispose of medication in its original container or by removing the medication from its container and disposing of it directly in the disposal box. If an original container is submitted, we recommend you remove any identifying information from the prescription label.
- All solid dosage pharmaceutical product and liquids in consumter containers may be accepted. Liquid products such as cough syrup should remain sealed in their original container. Double-bagging liquids is strongly encouraged.
- Intra-venous solutions, injectables and syringes will not be accepted due to potentional hazard posed by blood-borne pathogens.
- Illicit substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not part of this initiative.
If you cannot make it to this event or you would like to dispose of your prescription drugs prior to this event, please visit https://apps.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubdispsearch/spring/main?execution=e1s1 to search for the nearest pharmaceutical disposal location.